Monday, March 25, 2019

My Experience with Biomedicine

My independent study was based on my experience with different career options that involved biomedicine. This was a very bumpy road for me, as any one else would be when searching for different career options. Although I am only a sophomore in high school, I think that when looking into the medical industry it is important to think about different paths to take in terms of schooling. Something that I found quite challenging during this term was figuring out how much schooling would be necessary for me depending on the career path that I take. I went from exploring biochemistry to clinical science to microbiology, and finally ended up with a subject I am really into at the moment. I met with different people, and even got a volunteer opportunity by the end of the term that I love. One of my career aspirations is connecting my medical background with helping refugees and/or migrants in need who are not able to get the sufficient resources they need to stay healthy. I work for SCN, Syrian Community Network, as a tutor and help students learn and develop social/emotional learning skills. Starting off small is an important way to build up where you want to be in the future! Read my presentation to learn more about my experience throughout this term!




To conclude, this independent study was quite the experience. This independent study class is new to GCE, and I think that it worked efficiently. This is a good way for students to connect to something they want to do in currently or in the future. Because I spent a term thinking and looking for different options to take, I definitely will not stop here! I would love to continue on researching and thinking about the steps I could take now while still at GCE to get one step closer to my career aspirations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRAND CHALLENGE: ECONOMICAL SPACE ACCESS

 For my last unit of Frontiers and my final action project at GCE, we worked on researching a grand challenge in space exploration and try t...