Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Rose Bowl

For this class, Biomimicry, we looked into how humans have been influenced by nature in order to create designs.  We visited a company called Interface Flor and met with one of the workers, Mikhel Davis. He spoke about the company and how they use nature in order to create their carpeting design and different patterns found in nature. We also went to the Lincoln Park Conservatory where we observed plants. We chose a couple to look into closely. For this action project, we were asked to choose one plant in nature and create a design. I decided to look into the Rose of Jericho which is found in the Middle East. The design that I made also works with the Sustainable Development Goals created by the UN. Look at my slideshow in order to learn more about this plant and my design!


To conclude, this action project made me think more about how much nature has an impact on the designs we have made as humans. It made me think about how society should be influenced more by nature than the designs created by desire.  When we make designs, we should think about the people we are surrounded with day by day. We should make our designs based on world struggles. Zero Hunger should never be an issue. People like you should use engineering and the inspiration of other life forms to solve real-world problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRAND CHALLENGE: ECONOMICAL SPACE ACCESS

 For my last unit of Frontiers and my final action project at GCE, we worked on researching a grand challenge in space exploration and try t...