Sunday, November 15, 2020

"I'm Rue Maghreb"

 For our final unit of Computer Science, we dove into using "if-statements" in python code. An If-statement can be used in the scenario of there being different answers a user could put in a code. We worked on our skills through trinket.io where we were able to work on some practice problems, and solve some "spot the error" python codes. As the world of AI software is constantly evolving and changing, we decided to take a look at some out there now. As we checked a "chatbot" out , it peaked out curiosity as coding students to create our own. For this AP, we were asked to design a chatbot that uses the concepts that we had discussed this entire term. I decided to develop a chatbot that works with my brand, Rue Maghreb, to educate others on the Maghreb region and its people. The bot can be a useful tool for my site that I am currently developing to be launched on November 20th! I am interested in using my coding on the welcome page to interact with my users as they enter a virtual reality of what it's like to live in the Maghreb! Check out my bot to learn more! 




Overall, I was content with the formatting of this AP. I thought it was much easier being able to recollect everything that we had learned throughout the term like using random functions, inequalities, Booleans, and more into a finished chatbot. I would say some concepts I struggled with a bit were the "El-if" statements due to formatting, including the random function. I wasn't so sure if the formatting was completely clear on the code, but the cool thing about trinket.io is that there is a sort of feedback provided if there is a wrong input! I ended up learning more from my mistakes at the end which made the rest of the code move a lot smoother. I am definitely going to use this chatbot for the introduction page of my new site on ruemaghreb,com! It's an effective chatbot that can create some form of connection with users.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRAND CHALLENGE: ECONOMICAL SPACE ACCESS

 For my last unit of Frontiers and my final action project at GCE, we worked on researching a grand challenge in space exploration and try t...